Do you ever look back at the holidays, wipe your brow and just sigh? I mean, it’s beautiful, lovely and fantastic to see family and friends, but exhausting all at the same time. It was a great experience. I had plenty of time with my family and was able to rest up for another busy and bustling year ahead and for that, I am grateful.
This year, I was able to take some time to capture the moments (sometimes with just my iPhone) but it tells the story all the same. I’ve the shared our first holiday video with you below. It’s a glimpse of how we celebrate Christmas with family.
A few annual traditions we participate in:
- Of course, we put up the tree and decorate it.
- The kids have chocolate advent calendars
- We buy one singing ornament from Hallmark. This year we bought the singing Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast that sings ‘Be Our Guest.’ Last year we bought the Hippo that sings, ‘I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas’ and so on…
- We buy a snow globe every year. The globe typically represents a change in our family or it’s just something we love. Sometimes we buy a fancy one and other years we buy one we love from Target. But we have one for every year Paul and I have been together – 12 of them and counting. This year we bought one with a beautiful black puppy inside. Quite fitting since we brought Duncan into our family this year.
- We bake overly sweet goodies. Well, mostly I do and the boys scream and throw ingredients at the dog. Like most of us, I dream on Pinterest. I like to find a few different recipes and pretend I’m a baker once a year. I decided to make this recipe for our Christmas cookies (they melt in your mouth) and this recipe for our Oreo truffles. I also made these potatoes which made for some great leftovers. I made everything the day prior so I was able to participate in our 1000 piece puzzle festivity.
- We go to church on Christmas Eve
- Have a gift exchange.
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
- Play with all the toys.
- Watch holiday movies.
- Wear pajamas as much as possible.
What are your family tradition(s)? Do you have any unique traditions you’re willing to share?
Happy New Year, friends!
If you have any questions for me, please contact Kerri Kava at 1MinnesotaMom@gmail.com or on social media at:
Follow us on Facebook
Find us on Twitter
Inspo on Instagram
Pinning on Pinterest
Go to Google+